Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good Morning!

Good morning!
Tom has training Monday and Tuesday this week so I have taken Kellen to day care yesterday and today. It has gone smoothly and I have had no problem getting him there and to work early. Today I got to the day care and decided that since I had plenty of time before work I would stay and give Kellen his morning bottle. It was a good decision because not only did I get to spend that time with Kellen (and he is so charming in the morning!), but I got to chat with one of his caretakers there and get a better feel for the place. I felt comfortable and I felt that Kellen felt comfortable. When I left I put him in his crib and he was smiling up at the mobile.
The transition is going well so far. I am tired at the end of the day though! The hard part is after not seeing him all day I want to spend my time in the evening just hanging out with Kellen (and Tom when he is home!). But there is much to do to get ready for the next day which takes up my time with him. If only I could get off work a couple hours earlier, I think it would make a big difference.
My mom has helped by getting Kellen early on these days that I have taken him so that he does not have to spend the entire day at day care. That eases my mind so much. Knowing that he is getting some quality family time in the afternoons. Well off to do some actual work! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

I'm glad it's all working out so far and the transition to back to work has gone pretty easy (minus last Friday, ugh)! That's really nice of your Mom to have picked him up early yesterday and today! And I am very happy you now feel better about the daycare, too.

Jess said...

Sounds like the transition to working is going well!! You sound great!!